Kevin Dick of KDI Wealth Management has been awarded the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies®, the standards-setting body for Fi360, a Broadridge company. The AIF® Designation signifies specialized knowledge of fiduciary responsibility and the ability to implement policies and procedures that meet a defined standard of care. The designation is the culmination of a rigorous training program, which includes a comprehensive, closed-book final examination under the supervision of a proctor, and agreement to abide by the Center’s Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards. On an ongoing basis, completion of continuing education and adherence to the Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards are required to maintain the AIF® Designation.
Kevin Dick, a resident of Payson, AZ is a Wealth Advisor and President for KDI Wealth Management in Payson, AZ. Kevin founded the firm in 2005 and has brought together customized teams of specialists to provide each client with the appropriate and most comprehensive advanced wealth management planning and advice.
Fi360 is the first full-time training and research facility for fiduciaries and conducts training programs throughout the United States and abroad. In 2019, Fi360 was awarded accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to offer the AIF® Designation. The Center for Fiduciary Studies confers the AIF® Designation as well as the Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst® (AIFA®) and Professional Plan Consultant® (PPC®) Designations.
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING AN AIF® DESIGNEE
WHAT MAKES AIF® DESIGNEES DIFFERENT?
Is the investment advice you are receiving really in your best interests? Unless your advisor understands and follows a fiduciary process, you can’t really be sure. Even
those investment professionals who are required to act as fiduciaries might not have the experience or training to prepare them for this enormous responsibility. Fi360 is accredited by the American National Standards Institute for the AIF® Designation, making the designation part of an elite group of accredited designations for financial professionals.
Only Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designees have been certified specifically for their ability to follow a fiduciary process with their clients’ best interests at heart. Here are some attributes that make AIF® Designees different from other advisors or financial professionals:
- Experience. Designees are required to provide documented industry and educational experience to qualify for the designation.
- Education. Designees must complete the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation Training, which covers the Prudent Practices® for managing fiduciary assets for wealth, nonprofit and retirement clients.
- Examination. Designees must pass an examination to prove comprehension of the Prudent Practices® and ability to act in the best interest of clients.
- Ethics. Designees adhere to a Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards that show a commitment to a higher degree of industry professionalism.
- Continuing Education. Designees commit to keeping their knowledge and skills sharp by completing annual continuing education requirements.
AIF® DESIGNEES HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES TO HELP CLIENTS WITH:
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive investment plan, strategy or policy statement that documents the processes and procedures that will be used to manage the plan/portfolio.
- Analyzing and optimizing asset allocation strategies and investment menus.
- Applying objective standards for evaluating and recommending appropriate investment options and products.
- Monitoring and reporting plan/portfolio performance.
- Evaluating a client’s current fiduciary practices and recommending actions to help mitigate compliance and litigation risks.
- Understanding their important fiduciary roles, responsibilities and obligations with more confidence.
DRIVE THE CONVERSATION WITH YOUR INVESTMENT ADVISOR:
Some advisors always operate in a fiduciary capacity, others only act as a fiduciary for certain specified services, and yet others are not permitted by their company to take on the obligations of a fiduciary at any time. Use the following points to better understand the standard of care your advisor is providing you.
- Will you act as a fiduciary in all scenarios when managing my portfolio or plan assets?
- How long have you been acting in this fiduciary capacity? Can you describe your experience acting as a fiduciary advisor?
- What fiduciary training have you received? Do you hold any designations focused on fiduciary best practices?
- Provide at least three references of clients who are using your services in your capacity as a fiduciary advisor.
- What services do you provide to help clients meet their fiduciary obligations?
- Please disclose and describe any potential conflicts of interest.
- Describe your total compensation or fees received for your proposed services.
An advisor should be able to provide clear and concise answers to all of these questions and be willing to disclose that information in writing. In addition, any AIF® Designee should be able to describe how their relationship with you will operate and list the resources and tools that are incorporated into their business practices.
Fi360, a Broadridge company, is a fiduciary education, training and technology company, helping financial intermediaries use prudent fiduciary practices to profitably gather, grow and protect investors’ assets. Since 1999, the firm has provided financial professionals with the tools necessary to act as a fiduciary in their work with investors. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Fi360 is the home of the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation, the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™ and the Fi360 Fiduciary Score®. Learn more at www.Fi360.com, via Twitter or on LinkedIn.
Securities and Advisory Services offered through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser. KDI Wealth does not provide legal advice. Kevin Dick, AAMS®, CRPS®, KDI Wealth, 630 HWY 260 East, Payson, AZ 85541. 928.474.4350 www.kdiwealth.com